Vacancy Announcement Community Promotion Supervisor (CPS)
Medair, , is a non-governmental organisation (NGO), with international headquarters in Switzerland that responds to human suffering in emergency and disaster situations by implementing multisectorial relief and rehabilitation projects. Medair is implementing a health, nutrition, sanitation and hygiene/health education programme for vulnerable populations in and around Burao town, South Togdher and parts of Sanaag region, Medair is looking for a Community Promoters Supervisor, to be based in Burao, Togdheer Region, with frequent field travels to sites in and around Togdheer and Sanaag regions.
Position Responsibilities Qualifications
Community Promotion Supervisor
- In collaboration with the CPO and the Health Manager, plan, organise and facilitate the distribution of tasks and resources necessary for attainment of set objectives and indicators in Community Promotion.
- Directly supervise the day-to-day work of the Community Promoters who are working within the project area.
- Support the Community Promoters to supervise the Community Volunteers in providing health and nutrition education and behaviour change communication
- Ensure quality, performance, accountability, a culturally-centred and age-appropriate approach to Health and Nutrition promotion and behaviour change communication is maintained at all times.
- Provide support to the staff at the Health Facilities supported by Medair through regular visits to ensure integration of volunteer’s work with the health facility.
- Provide quality assurance through the use of quality assessment tools e.g. supervision checklist, exit interviews.
- Recommend any improvements or changes in the health programme to the CPO, Health Manager and Health Project Manager.
- Together with the CPO and Health Manager support a referral mechanism for beneficiaries with acute, severe health and nutrition conditions that ensure efficient and effective resource utilisation and also serve those beneficiaries in real need. Essential Desirable
• Diploma in Community Development or Public Health
• 1 year minimum experience in community health promotion
• 1 year minimum experience in primary health care service provision
• Excellent English (oral & written)
• Fluent Somali.
• This position is open for male and female candidates
• Degree in Community Development /Public Health.
• Postgraduate certificate in Community Health Promotion
• Experience in primary care for the Under 5s
• Experience in nutrition services
• Experience in behaviour change communication techniques
Applications are invited only from people who meet the qualifications listed above. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your letter of application and CV, indicating your daytime telephone contact. Also include telephone and email contacts of two professional references (friends and relatives are not accepted as references), and your current and most recent past employer unless you have no work experience. Medair does not encourage those who are under contract to other local, National or International NGOs or the government to apply for this vacancy. Please write your name and the position on the envelope.
Applications must be submitted to the Medair office near the City Plaza Hotel not later than Thursday 27th December 2012 4:30 pm.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and asked to attend a test and then an interview if they meet the selection criteria.
Medair is an equal opportunity employer