Shaqo Banan: JOB ADVERT FOR COMMUNITY MOBILIZERS (PartnerAid)
PartnerAid seeks qualified applicants.
Job Title: community mobilizers (3) positions
Location: Hargeisa, with frequent visits to the field
Closing Date: 7th August 2012 – 12 noon
Reporting to: District Team Leaders.
**Both qualified female and male candidates are strongly encouraged to apply**
PartnerAid is a Non-Governmental Organization established in 1991 with international offices in Germany. PartnerAid exists to help communities fight poverty. PartnerAid’s mission is to partner with disadvantaged communities, empowering them to implement relief and development projects, recognizing culture as a key to their sustainability. PartnerAid has had offices in Hargeisa since 2008 and partners with villages in the Salahley District.
- Take part in the planning and carry out community organizing and community training activities among displaced and rural communities as a part of PartnerAid’s relief, rehabilitation, and development programs Baligubadle,Salahley And Lebisagaala
- Empower these communities to initiate and sustain development-oriented activities themselves at the community and household level.
Specific Responsibilities:Under the supervision of the district team leader:
- The community mobiliser will coordinate with community leaders and other actors to mobilize community members / beneficiaries to contribute to the program according to their ability.
- Facilitate programs being carried out in culturally sensitive ways, recognizing culture as a key to sustainability.
- Aid in training (and identifying / establishing) Community Based Organizations (CBO’s) in partner communities.
- Assist in and/or lead various training/meeting sessions, based on PartnerAid’s program, at the community level.
- Act as a liaison between Community leadership, CBOs,DRR committees, the PartnerAid Training Team, community volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- Assist in organizing and preparing training sessions.
- Coordinate with communities to organize training/overnight logistics.
- Advocate for PartnerAid Programs/activities among different sectors of society, including governmental, private, community leadership, and other actors.
- Model leadership, health, hygiene, etc. as promoted by the program.
- Act as an interpreter for other members of the Training Team not fluent in Somali as needed.
- Aid in translating any needed training materials from English into Somali.
- Ensure proper documentation for all meetings in project area and maintain records of the same.
- Alert the respective team leaders and other appropriate persons on issues relating to safety, potential conflicts, variations in implementation and other circumstance which might affect the impact of the program.
- Monitor the usage and storage of any supplies used in the project implementation.
- Assist in conduction of baseline surveys, monitoring of activities, and carrying-out periodic evaluations in accordance with project plans.
- Perform of any and all other tasks and functions as needed and as requested by the Program Manager and PartnerAid management. Report progress regularly to district team Leadersensuring proper documentation for all meetings .
Personal Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant NGO and related experience in the field. Skills, training and/or experience in management, social mobilization or extension, social research, adult education, etc. Previous work experience in program area is an asset.
- The applicant must have Bachelor degree in Social work,sociology,Economics,Rural Development, or other relevant field.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has the ability to understand human behaviorand evaluate their performance individually and in groups.
- The applicant must be of excellent character: a mature, servant-hearted, self-driven person moved by compassion to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- The applicant must be punctual.
- The applicant must be receptive to other’s ideas and demonstrate a willingness to share information.
- The applicant must be able to communicate effectively and graciously to people of every persuasion and temperament.
- The applicant should be fluent in both oral and written Somali and English
- The applicant should be proficient with Microsoft Office Programs.
- The applicant will preferably have previous overseas exposure/residence, previous involvement in Somaliland’s social service systems.
Submission of Applications
Only qualified and serious candidates should submit their application, including complete and updated Curriculum Vitae (no more than 3 pages), by 12:00 noon on Monday,7th August 2012 to the PartnerAid Office, Off Airport Road behind ADAM’S INN Hargeisa, Somaliland. Take note that CVs received after 12:00 noon on 10 July 2012 and CVs longer than 3 pages will not be considered. Please note that only applicants whom are short-listed for interviews will be notified. Applicants submitting falsified documents/certificates will not be considered.