Shaqo Banaan:PROCUREMENT AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER – GAROWE/HARGEISA
CARE INTERNATIONAL – SOMALIA/SOMALILAND
PROCUREMENT AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER – GAROWE/HARGEISA
CARE Somalia/Somaliland is an International NGO working in Somalia/Somaliland. CARE and its partners work with vulnerable communities to address the underlying causes of poverty and promote peace and development, through its strategic goal to reduce poverty by empowering women, enhancing access to resources and services, and improving governance.
Based in Somalia/ Somaliland, the Procurement & Admin Manager has the responsibility to manage Procurement, Administration and logistical functions for Somaliland and Puntland. Specific responsibilities include procurement, asset and stock management, storage, transport, facility maintenance, travel and documentation among others. The Procurement & Admin Manager work in close collaboration with the Operations Manager, Sub-Office Coordinators and the programme support staff to achieve the operational goals of the Somalia/Somaliland country programme. The Position reports to the Operations Manager and directly supervises the Admin & Procurement Officer and security guards in Hargeisa.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Logistics or equivalent from a recognised University.
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, two of which should be with an International NGO.
- Excellent grasp of NGO/Donor policies and procedures relevant to admin/ Procurement.
- Good Communication and negotiation skills
- Result oriented and keen on detail
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Be able to understand internal and external statutory laws that affect procurement, admin & logistics
- Ability to speak Somali language
Applications clearly marked “The Procurement & Admin Manager”accompanied by CV should be sent by 14th of August, 2012 to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.