VACANCY NOTICE Project Manager
CANDLELIGHT FOR HEALTH, EDUCATION AND ENVIRONMENT (CLHE)
Duty Station: Burao with regular travel to Erigavo
Candlelight a national developmental organization is seeking a Project Manager to lead a project which aims to end FGM through community in education in Togdheer and Sanaag Regions of Somaliland.
Under the supervision of the CLHE coordinator for ISF funded projects; the candidate is required to assume the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities:
• Planning and implementing of all project activities in line with the project plan
• Supervise, monitor and coordinate all project activities.
• Controlling and safeguarding project assets.
• Planning and scheduling of training awareness programs and ensuring that training materials are in place.
• Preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly and annual program reports.
• Direct day-to-day activities (with some responsibilities delegated to other staff members)
• Calling and chairing meetings of the project staff of the project.
• Approve the disbursement of all money in accordance with CLHE financial policy.
• Reviewing reports and financial returns before final submission.
• Contribute the realization of the organizational vision and mission.
• Involvement in overall issues related to the project in Somaliland in the form of forums and campaigns, and collection/analysis of information related to the problems to be addressed by the project
• Co-operate with other stakeholders and line Ministries as well as health centers (hospitals, nursing Schools and MCHs)
o University degree relevant to the field advertised
o Minimum of two years work experience in community development.
o In-depth knowledge of the local culture is a prerequisite
o Excellent report writing skills
Fluency in English
o Good communication skills
o Computer literate
o Qualified Burao resident applicants are preferable.
Applications submission deadline is on 28Th May, 2012. A selection committee will review all applications. Candlelight is an equal opportunity employer. Each application package should include the following:
• Cover letter with the applicant’s current employment information
• Resume (CV) (including detailed work experience, education/qualification and current employment status )
Referees: minimum of two, with complete contact information) Applicants can send soft copy of their application only through this E-mails: Abdikarimahmed@candlelightsom.org and Hassanfarah@candlelightsom.org.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.